What Do You Do With a Problem Activities:
This What Do You Do With a Problem? activities file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
This activity packed literature unit for What Do You Do With a Problem by Kobi Yamada is a perfect for 1st-4th grade. This picture book works perfectly in conjunction with What Do You Do With an Idea? and What Do You Do With a Chance?.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
In addition to the task cards and worksheets, you will also find a variety of activities where students can practice finding opportunities in real life problems as well as a growth mindset reflection page.
Instructions are also included on how to set up a “Problem Patrol” in your classroom to assist students in solving problems (or receiving suggestions on how to manage problems). Please check out the preview for What Do You Do With a Problem? prior to purchasing.
My hope is that this product will help your students learn how to find the gems of opportunity in problems. There is also a focus on how to deal with worries that students can control and worries that students can’t control (and would even be perfect for a counselor who is facilitating a group for students that focuses on anxiety, worries, or problem-solving skills). Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 3/22/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This product contains 37 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.