Trying by Kobi Yamada Activities: Growth Mindset for Kids
Trying by Kobi Yamada Activities: This is a new picture book by the same author as Maybe, What Do You Do with a Chance, What Do You Do with an Idea, and What Do You Do with a Problem? This file includes activities for this beautiful new picture book!
These activities include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final seven pages of the file for the link and instructions.
This growth mindset literature unit for Trying by Kobi Yamada was created for 2nd-4th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with Maybe by Kobi Yamada, What Do You Do With an Idea?, What Do You Do With a Chance?, and What Do You Do With a Problem?.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are vocabulary words included).
This Trying by Kobi Yamada Activities file includes:
- 10 discussion questions in list and task card formats.
- an answer sheet for the discussion questions
- vocabulary matching page (and answer key)
- “If I Were an Animal” worksheet
- 3 pennant banners to create a bulletin board (students can choose which one they’d like to fill out)
- writing activity (choose someone who has had a significant impact on your life)
- growth mindset connections
- Journal Entry: A Sculpture of My Life!
- sculpture activities and sculptor research pages (7 pages)
- two quotes coloring pages
- four quotes posters (smaller versions also included)
- instructions and link for Google Slides
My hope is that this product will help your students understand the value of failure and making mistakes. These activities are also perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset.
Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
NOTE: THIS FILE INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no-prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
This file includes 38 pages + Google Slides.
Tami D –
I appreciate the ease of using, modifying, and assigning for students to use during virtual teaching.