Theme Posters and Book List – Big Idea Themes with Digital Option in Google Slides:
This file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides where students can add two books with each poster’s theme.
Teaching theme and finding the theme is a very difficult concept to teach due to the inferential element. These BIG IDEA THEME POSTERS can be hung and used as a reference for your students as they explore the big ideas in THEME.
This product includes:
- One theme explanation page
- 31 (half-sheet) Theme Posters
- 2 Blank Posters (just in case you need to add additional themes)
- A picture book list organized by theme (corresponds to the posters)
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/16/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
I understand that students in 3rd-5th grade are not using picture books like students in lower elementary, but the purpose of the picture book list is to provide a frame of reference for students who are learning about the big ideas in theme. I genuinely tried to use popular book titles that are readily available or already familiar to students. These books can be located easily and read in a short amount of time if students are in need of further theme exploration.
This file contains 31 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.