The Name Jar Activities with Option for Distance Learning:
This file for The Name Jar now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product for the link and instructions.
The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi is a perfect picture book for back to school because it helps establish a positive and inclusive classroom climate from the start. This easy to use literature companion is common core aligned for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade.
This file includes the following no prep, printable activities:
- Two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- Discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- First, Next, Then, and Last for The Name Jar
- Who, What, When, Where, Why, How
- Vocabulary Words (taken from text in The Name Jar)
- Sequencing (with an answer key)
- Compare and Contrast
- Fact or Opinion
- New Students Should Know….
- My Name
- My Nicknames
- Three Truths and a Fib
- Friendly Letter to My Teacher
- My Name graphic organizer
- Create a Word Find
- Name Acrostic
- Decorate Your Name
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 8/7/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file includes 38 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.