The Candy Dish Literature Unit Activities:
The Candy Dish by Kobi Yamada is a new picture book by the same author as Trying, Maybe, What Do You Do with a Chance, What Do You Do with an Idea, and What Do You Do with a Problem? This file includes activities for this beautiful new picture book!
These activities include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
This growth mindset literature unit for The Candy Dish by Kobi Yamada was created for 2nd-5th grade. This new picture book works perfectly in conjunction with Trying, Maybe, What Do You Do With an Idea?, What Do You Do With a Chance?, and What Do You Do With a Problem?.
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are vocabulary words included).
This file includes:
- 10 discussion questions in list and task card formats.
- an answer sheet for the discussion questions
- vocabulary matching printable
- figurative language practice: personification and similes
- posters and activities
- gratitude during challenging times
- gratitude puzzle
- journal prompts
- coloring quotes posters and bulletin posters about gratitude
- instructions and link for Google Slides
My hope is that this product will help your students take a closer look at the importance of gratitude. These activities are also perfect for teachers or counselors who are working with students on shifting their mindset.
Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
This file includes 36 pages + Google Slides.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.