Stick and Stone Activities:
This file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for links and instructions.
Stick and Stone by Beth Ferry is the focus of this no-prep printable literature unit for Kinder, 1st, and 2nd grade. There are opportunities for discussions about bullying, as well as perseverance and friendship. I tried to include activities that will reach Kindergarten students up to 2nd grade (most appropriate for the first half of 2nd grade).
In the packet, you will find the following activities:
- Discussion Questions in a list (2 pages)
- Discussion Questions on 13 task cards (4 task cards per page)
- St blends (one page + one page answer key)
- Rhyming words (real or nonsense words)
- Sequencing (one page + one page answer key)
- First, next, then, last writing activity
- Characters, Setting page
- Two different writing prompts (two pages per prompt)
- Retelling Sticks Activity (cut, paste on popsicle sticks/tongue depressors – students retell story with pictures glued on sticks)
- Letter writing
- Who, What, When, Where, Why writing activity
- Bullying- What can students do to help others who are being bullied?
- Proper nouns and common nouns
This file contains 38 pages + Google Slides™.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 9/4/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.