She Persisted by Chelsea Clinton Activities BUNDLE:
These literature units for She Persisted: 13 American Women Who Changed the World and She Persisted: Around the World by Chelsea Clinton were created for 2nd to 5th grade and are perfect for any time of year, but particularly timely for Women’s History Month in March. Together, these books showcase 26 notable women who significantly impacted history and showed incredible perseverance in the face of adversity and challenge.
The individual files can be found here:
The women highlighted in She Persisted:
- Harriet Tubman
- Helen Keller
- Clara Lemlich
- Nellie Bly
- Virginia Apgar
- Maria Tallchief
- Claudette Colvin
- Ruby Bridges
- Margaret Chase Smith
- Sally Ride
- Florence Griffith Joyner
- Oprah Winfrey
- Sonia Sotomayor
The women highlighted in She Persisted: Around the World include:
- Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz
- Caroline Herschel
- Kate Sheppard
- Marie Curie
- Viola Desmond
- Mary Verghese
- Aisha Rateb
- Wangari Maathai
- Joanne Rowling a.k.a. J.K. Rowling
- Sisleide (Sissi) Lima do Amor
- Leymah Gbowee
- Yuan Yuan Tan
- Malala Yousafzai
Each of the TWO FILES include:
- 1 page of Teacher Tips
- 4 no-prep printables for EACH woman highlighted in this book (13×4=52 pages)
- 4 additional printables templates (in case your students choose a historical figure not included in this story)
- Half page FACT SHEETS (cheat sheets for EACH woman (7 pages)
- Full Page FACT SHEETS(cheat sheets for EACH woman (13 pages)
- 9 or 10 notable quotes posters in full-color (NOTE: These quotes are not necessarily the same quotes that were chosen for the books. They are intended to be meaningful for class discussions and reflections)
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 2/5/21, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This product contains 191 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.