Ruth Bader Ginsburg Nonfiction Text Unit with Digital Option in Google Slides™:
This Ruth Bader Ginsburg: I Dissent Biography Nonfiction activities file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions. This file has also been updated to reflect Ruth’s passing on 8/18/20.
This nonfiction text biography unit for Ruth Bader Ginsburg goes perfectly with the book, I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy and includes various printable activities, graphic organizers, report templates, writing prompts, reflection pages, nonfiction text, as well as posters with Ruth Bader Ginsburg quotes.
There is a 10-page (half-sheet) mini-book comprised of nonfiction information, interesting facts, and reflection questions (please see preview) that is perfect for students to make and read on their own or in literacy stations with a small group. It’s also a great reference or research tool for them as they gather information about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
This file includes:
- biography mini-book
- graphic organizers
- biography report template
- RBG quotes posters
- reflection questions
- growth mindset connections
- writing a friendly letter
- creating a newspaper article
In addition, this product can be used with ANY picture book or chapter book about Ruth Bader Ginsburg.
Some of my favorite books include:
- I Dissent: Ruth Bader Ginsburg Makes Her Mark by Debbie Levy
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg: The Case of R.B.G. vs Inequality by Jonah Winter
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg (Superwomen Role Models) by Heather Moore Niver
Though the intended grade levels are 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade, this product can successfully be modified and used with other grade levels. The biography mini-book reading level is between 3rd-5th grade, so please understand that 2nd grade might struggle with the text if they are asked to read it independently. Likewise, a 6th grader may find that text to be easy.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 9/19/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 42 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.