Reading Fluency Tips for Parents and Teachers:
This reading fluency packet is perfect for parent teacher conferences! Provide this resource to parents so that they have some tips and tools at their disposal to help their children with fluency and accuracy in their read aloud time at home.
This reading fluency tips for parents and teachers file has been updated to include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides. Some slides are included for parents to print from home and others are there with text boxes for students to reflect on the exercises.
In this packet, you will receive 8 useful and effective tips for helping children while they are reading out loud. Embedded in the tips are prompts and activities or strategies to use with the child depending on their area of struggle. Different prompts are used for different issues (for example, there are prompts provided for kids who rely too heavily on phonics and others for students who are not using the context or meaning in the story to help them solve unknown words).
The final two pages are printable reading interest inventories for use in the classroom or with individual students to determine their feelings about reading and about themselves as a reader. These may help determine topics of interest for students in reading and also about specific issues or struggles that the student is having with regards to reading.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 7/6/21, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This product contains 29 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.