Making Inferences Activities: Task Cards, Worksheets, and Pictures BUNDLE:
All the files in this bundle NOW INCLUDE a digital distance learning option in Google.
These inferencing worksheets, passages, and task cards are perfect for your 3rd-5th grade students because they provide visual supports as well and a variety of approaches for showing kids how making inferences actually works.
Help your student understand inferencing using visual cues that make sense!
The links for each product in this bundle can be found below:
- MAKING INFERENCES PRINTABLES AND RIDDLES
- MAKING INFERENCES TASK CARDS
- MAKING INFERENCES USING PICTURES
The descriptions of the individual inferences products are below:
MAKING INFERENCES WORKSHEETS:
These inferencing activities contain passages and inference riddles for 3rd-5th grade and now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides. The no prep worksheets give students practice searching for clues to make inferences as well as creating riddles to be “on the other end” of inferencing.
This inferencing product contains:
- 2 instructional pages with examples and explanations (anchor charts) of making inferences
- 10 inferencing passages and related questions designed to show students how inferencing works (these pages also incorporate the inferencing equation with the puzzle pieces)
- 10 pages of riddles where students use inferencing skills to solve the riddle as well as space on each page to create their own riddle (using the same category as the riddle that they solved)
Allowing students to use a variety of inferencing activities increases their understanding of inferencing. For example, creating riddles helps students use inferencing skills at a deeper level.
MAKING INFERENCES TASK CARDS:
This product includes:
- 34 making inferences task cards
- two instructional pages with examples and explanations of making inferences (anchor charts)
- answer sheets
- answer keys
Half of the inference task cards contain passages and the other half includes keyword lists that requires students to make inferences about the event or place (as well as add two keywords to the list of inferences). Adding keywords to the list encourages students to use inferencing skills at a deeper level.
MAKING INFERENCES WITH PICTURES:
This making inferences activity uses clip art pictures to help students with inferencing. These making inferences worksheets contain:
- two instructional pages with examples and explanations of making inferences
- 16 ready to use (no prep) worksheets with black and white clip art pictures
- suggestions for use with the colored pictures
- 8 pages of color-version pictures (that match the printable pictures with two on each page)
Please click on the preview to see a sample of the inferences activities in this packet and send me a message if you have any questions!
This file contains over 100 + Google Slides.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.