Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History Original Biographies
This Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison biography file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
40 biographies showcasing incredible black women in history! These original biographies correlate to Little Leaders: Bold Women in Black History by Vashti Harrison. All biographies are original and include additional facts and information not presented in the book.
This product was created for 4th and 5th graders, but could be used in 3rd grade (with additional support) as well as 6th grade. These biographies can be used any time of year, but are particularly timely for Black History Month in February and Women’s History Month in March. This book showcases 40 black women who significantly impacted history and displayed incredible perseverance in the face of adversity and challenge.
Each biography comes in full color and in black-and-white.
The following women are featured in this product:
Rebecca Lee Crumpler
Mary Eliza Mahoney
Charlotte E. Ray
Ida B. Wells
Zora Neale Hurston
Alma Woodsey Thomas
Mamie Phipps Clark
Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Mae Jemison
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 12/30/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 89 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.