Latin and Greek Stems and Roots Lists, Quizzes, and Tests (PART TWO):
This Greek and Latin roots and stems file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for the link and instructions.
Latin and Greek Stems and Roots UNIT TWO includes weekly lists (10 words on each list for eight weeks), a mid-week matching quizzes, as well as end of week tests (which is progressive and include stems from prior weeks). The test at the end of each week has 20 questions (except the first week only has 10 because there isn’t an established pool to pull additional parts yet). For the ninth week, there is a final test with all 80 word stems/roots.
Since each week builds on the previous week, the retention of information remains high. My students will keep a ring with the stems and roots flashcards on them in their desks/backpacks and will add ten new stems each week, so that they can study ALL the Latin and Greek stems and roots each week, not just the new ones for that week.
This file is the Second UNIT (a total of NINE weeks).
Why should students learn to use Latin/Greek stems and roots?
- It is part of the COMMON CORE CURRICULUM
- Latin makes unknown English words more accessible
- Children who have studied Latin score higher on standardized tests including SAT, ACT, M-CAT
- It gives children a set of terms to help them unlock unknown words by using word parts
- Studying common Latin stems helps children with math and science vocabulary
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These Latin and Greek Stems and Roots can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 59 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.