I am Jane Goodall Activities:
I am Jane Goodall by Brad Meltzer – This literature companion for I am Jane Goodall has been created for 2nd-4th grade students. This is the ninth literature unit of ten from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Jane Goodall, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is definitely beneficial to have a copy of the book.
These literature unit activities for I am Jane Goodall by Brad Meltzer now have a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
Teacher Tips – 1 page
Jane Goodall Biographical Sketch – 1 page
Comprehension Questions for I am Jane Goodall – 1 page
All About Jane Goodall – 1 page
Jane Goodall Discussion Question Task Cards and answer sheet – 3 pages
Jane Goodall Quote Writing Prompt – 1 page
Newspaper Template – 2 pages
Animal Observation Forms – 2 pages
Vocabulary – 1 page
Growth Mindset – 1 page
Compare and Contrast – 1 page
Jane Goodall Writing Prompt – 1 page
Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
Save the Earth Craftivity – 2 pages
Answer keys where appropriate – 4 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 7/17/21, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 31 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.