I am Benjamin Franklin Literature Unit
These literature unit activities for I am Benjamin Franklin by Brad Meltzer include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
I am Benjamin Franklin by Brad Meltzer – This literature companion for I am Benjamin Franklin has been created for 2nd-4th grade students. This is one of several literature units from the “Ordinary People Change the World” series.
This unit can be used without the book I am Benjamin Franklin, but students may have to dig a little bit to find the answers to the comprehension questions. It is definitely beneficial to have a copy of the book.
In this literature unit, you will find the following:
- Teacher Tips – 1 page
- Benjamin Franklin Biographical Sketch – 1 page
- Comprehension Questions for I am Benjamin Franklin– 1 page
- All About Benjamin Franklin – 1 page
- Benjamin Franklin Discussion Question Task Cards & answer sheets – 3 pages
- Benjamin Franklin Writing Prompt – 2 pages
- Newspaper Template – 2 pages
- Vocabulary – 1 page
- Growth Mindset – 1 page
- Writing a Friendly Letter – 2 pages
- My Invention – 1 page
- Fact or Opinion – 1 page
- My Virtues – 1 page
- Lightning Experiment – 2 pages
- Answer keys where appropriate – 5 pages
- Digital Links and Instructions – 6 pages
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
This product includes a digital option (as well as the no-prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 33 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.