Growth Mindset Picture Book BUNDLE #2:
All the files in this growth mindset literature unit bundle now include digital distance learning options in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of each file for the links and instructions.
These Growth Mindset Literature Units include these titles:
We’re All Wonders by R.J. Palacio
We’re All Wonders contains powerful messages for elementary students. This product was created for 2nd-4th graders (though you can modify it to use with grade levels outside this range).
This product includes:
- teacher tips
- journal prompts
- no prep worksheets
- a newspaper template
- a craftivity
- vocabulary for discussion
- a mini-booklet with sentence starters on each of 8 pages (half-sheets)
- compare and contrast
- a quote poster
- discussion activities
These activities are sure to get your students thinking about how they can make this world a better place, one wonder at a time!
Bubble Gum Brain by Julia Cook
This new picture book by Julia Cook is a winner for any classroom teacher that is trying to instill perseverance and growth mindset in their students. Though the book itself is appropriate for any elementary classroom, this literature companion was created for 2nd-4th graders in mind. If you teach a grade level above or below that, please check the preview and thumbnails prior to purchasing (or contact me with questions).
This literature unit for Bubble Gum Brain includes the following:
- Teacher Tips
- Bubble Gum Brain – Brick Brain printable
- 2 writing prompts
- Reframing brick brain comments
- A newspaper template
- Quote banner templates (5 quotes with corresponding writing pages to be printed front-to-back or on separate sheets)
- A hot air balloon craftivity
Many of the components are pictured in the thumbnails and/or preview.
Jabari Jumps by Gaia Cornwall
The activities in the literature companion focus more on the concepts presented in the story and less on the content (although there are comprehension questions included in list form as well as task card form).
This file includes:
- 6 vocabulary cards
- 14 discussion question task cards and optional answer sheets
- When I feel nervous… brainstorm
- Fixed Mindset vs. Growth Mindset
- Newspaper Template
- The Power of Yet
- Idioms anchor chart and printable
- Similes and Metaphors anchor chart and printable
- Making Inferences anchor charts
- Making Inferences printable and answer key
You will also find several pages of information and anchor charts related to figurative language (idioms, similes, and metaphors).
Please check out the preview for Jabari Jumps prior to purchasing and let me know if you have any questions!
These activities are perfect for teachers or counselors who are helping students develop a growth mindset and understand that it’s normal to have fears and anxieties. Please let me know if you have questions prior to purchasing this literature unit.
NOTE: THESE FILES NOW INCLUDE A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 8/26/20, these products include a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains over 100 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.