Latin and Greek Stems and Roots Weekly Lists Unit One and Two BUNDLE with Digital Distance Learning Option:
The Latin and Greek Units in this bundle now include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of each product file for the link and instructions.
This Digital Distance Learning Latin and Greek roots and stems UNIT ONE AND UNIT TWO BUNDLE is perfect for teachers who want their students to learn common Greek and Latin roots. Each unit includes:
- weekly lists (10 words on each list for eight weeks)
- a mid-week matching quiz
- an end of week test (which is progressive and includes stems from prior weeks)
NOTE: The test at the end of each week includes 20 word parts (except the first week only has 10 because there isn’t an established pool to pull additional parts yet). For the ninth week, there is a final test with all 80 word stems/roots.
Since each week builds on the previous week, the retention of information remains high. As an added activity, my own students keep a ring with flashcards on them in their desks/backpacks and will add ten new stems each week, so that they can study ALL the stems each week, not just the new ones for that week.
Please take a look at the individual files here:
Why should students learn to use Latin and Greek stems and roots?
- It is part of the COMMON CORE CURRICULUM
- Latin makes unknown English words more accessible
- Children who have studied Latin score higher on standardized tests including SAT, ACT, M-CAT
- It gives children a set of terms to help them unlock unknown words by using word parts
- Studying common Latin stems helps children with math and science vocabulary
NOTE: THESE FILES NOW INCLUDE A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/7/19, these products include a digital option in Google Slides™ (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of each packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These Latin and Greek Stems and Roots can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 120 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.