This idioms activity has been updated to include digital distance learning in Google Slides™ (the task cards are also available in Google Forms™). Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for links and instructions.
There are few things more fun to teach than figures of speech! These idioms anchor charts, task cards, and activities don’t feel like work because they are hilarious, engaging, and exciting.
You will find everything you need to provide a fun opportunity for students to learn all about idioms.
These idioms worksheets, task cards, and activities product was created for 3rd-6th grade and includes:
- 2 instructional pages
- 5 full pages of common idioms and their meanings (67 idioms included)
- 36 task cards with three different question types
- 1 answer sheet
- 1 task card answer key
- 2 printable activity pages
- 1 page for a whole class idioms game
Your class will be idioms experts!
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/10/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
This file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides (the task cards are also available in Google Forms).
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.