Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear Activities:
This Finding Winnie literature unit now has a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
Finding Winnie: The True Story of the World’s Most Famous Bear, by Lindsay Mattick is a perfect NEW picture book for Veteran’s Day.
This is a narrative non-fiction picture book about how Winnie became a world famous bear. This literature unit is common core aligned for 1st-4th grade and is perfect for Veteran’s Day.
PLEASE NOTE: Some activities may be more appropriate for 1st graders during the second half of the school year.
This packet includes activities in the following areas: genre, characters, setting, summary, sequencing, character traits, alphabetical order, vocabulary, compare/contrast, letter writing, research, comprehension, summarizing, bear craftivity, and fiction writing. Answer Keys are included where necessary.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 37 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.