Figurative Language Bell Ringers for 3rd grade and Up:
These figurative language bell ringer activities now include a digital distance learning option in Google Slides.
Incorporate figures of speech in your daily bell ringers using these figurative language activities! These daily warm-up bell ringers contain:
- optional cover pages in color or black-and-white
- 38 weeks of daily figurative language activities
- 30 reference pages (related to metaphors, similes, idioms, hyperboles, proverbs, personification, alliteration, onomatopoeia)
- answer keys (13 pages)
- a certificate of completion
You will truly be over the moon with this daily figurative language warm-up product!
Designed for an entire year, this packet can also be used at any point in the year because of the spiraling layout (each figure of speech shows up every eight weeks and then repeats until the final 14 weeks, where all the figures of speech are combined). This layout ensures that your students walk out of your class with a firm grasp on each figurative language element.
Used as a warm-up, homework, or an early finisher activity, each figurative language activity is designed to last 3-6 minutes and is common core aligned for 3rd-6th grade.
For specific information about the layout, please see below.
5- Proverbs and Adages
13- Proverbs and Adages
21- Proverbs and Adages
25- Similes and Metaphors
26- Idioms and Hyperboles
27- Proverbs and Personification
28- Alliteration and Onomatopoeia
29- Similes, Metaphors, Idioms, and Hyperboles
30- Proverbs, Personification, Alliteration, and Onomatopoeia
31-38- ALL figurative language COMBINED in the final 8 weeks
Following the weekly activity pages, you will find:
*30 pages of figurative language reference material
*13 pages of answer keys
*1 certificate of achievement (for distribution upon completion of the unit)
This file contains 142 pages + Google Slides.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.