Alphabet Countdown for Upper Grades:
This end of school countdown to summer file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the file for the link and instructions.
These fun and rigorous activities for upper elementary grades are perfect for you if you want your students to stay engaged during the final FIVE WEEKS of school!
Every activity includes ALL the printables you’ll need to successfully complete the activities.
Each day corresponds to a letter of the alphabet, so there are 26 interactive activities. ONLY 3 activities require supplies above and beyond printing and copying. These supplies include glue, tape, string, scissors, toothpicks and marshmallows or play dough. The other 23 activities can be completed simply by printing and copying the pages in this product.
Here are the alphabet activity topics by day:
A – Awesome Autobiographies
B – Bodacious Book Lists
C – Cootie Catcher Compliments
D – A Dozen Doodles
E – Epic Emblems
F – Farewell to the Faculty
G – Groovy Goal Globes
H – Hashtag High Fives
I – Interest Inventory Interviews
J – Just Joking!
K – Kindness Keepsakes
L – Lyrical Limericks
M – Most Magnificent Memories
N – Notable News
O – Opposing Opinions
P – Personality Poems
Q – Quick-n-Quirky Questions
R – Reliable Recipes
S – It’s a SIGN!
T – Toothpick Towers
U- Uniquely U!
V – Vivacious Vocabulary
W – Worthwhile Wishes
X- Autograph EXchange
Y – Year-in-Review
Z – Zoom Out Evaluation
Not only are these activities engaging, they continue to address curriculum standards including sequencing using a timeline, persuasive writing, note-taking, poetry, and more!
For organization purposes, each page is labeled with the letter in the bottom right corner. In addition, activities that requires an explanation include a full page of tips and instructions for the teacher. The planning guide (3 pages) at the beginning of the product also gives teachers a quick reference guide for printing tips (which pages can be copied back-to-back, for example) and allows teachers to schedule each activity.
If you don’t have 26 days left in the school year, you can combine some of the activities! Many of the activities will require at least and hour of time during the day, but some of them are shorter. Take the needs of your own class into consideration as you plan each activity and decide which days you might be able to combine.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 2/18/21, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 86 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.