Context Clues Activities Task Cards for 3rd, 4th, and 5th Grade with Digital Distance Learning Option:.
These task cards and activities were created for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. It requires students to use context clues to make meaning, as well as identify the words or phrases that helped them understand the meaning of an unknown word.
This product includes:
- anchor charts that will help students identify clues in text
- 34 task cards on half sheets
- answer sheet
- answer key
These task cards can be used in stations, small groups, centers, or for early finishers. It also includes the answer sheets as well as the answer keys.
The following vocabulary words are used in this product:
exhilarated, flourish, conceal, variety, precisely, eerie, deceitful, antiquated, preserved, decrepit, clenched, improbable, glistened, mimicked, obvious, fragile, commenced, remarkable, withstand, exposed, installed, declared, anxious, gloated, pact, pathetic, suspicious, reluctant, participate, surge, lurk, stunned, glared, trudged
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/4/20, this file now includes a digital distance learning option in Google! You will find an option for Google Slides™ as well as Google Forms™ (these are NOT self-grading, though, because they are open-ended questions. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for links and instructions.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These context clues files can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides and there is an additional option in Google Forms (not self-grading because the questions are open-ended).
If you teach in a multi-level classroom, have students with a very wide range of needs, or are meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or students acquiring English, the MULTI-LEVEL MEGA BUNDLE for might be right for you. You can check it out here:
Searching for context clues activities geared for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade (please note that there is a bundle for 2nd-4th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 3rd-5th grade (please note that there is a bundle for 3rd-5th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 4th-6th grade (please note that there is a bundle for 4th-6th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
This product contains 35 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.