Context Clues Reading Passages for 4th, 5th, and 6th Grade with Digital Learning Option:
This Context Clues Reading Passages and Anchor Charts product offers print and go, common core aligned, context clues activities for 4th-6th grade. Please note this file was updated to include a digital distance learning option on 3/29/20.
This context clues activities pack includes:
- 4 instructional pages to help students search for context clues in text
- 3 different full page reading passages: one narrative fiction, one diary entry, and one newspaper article
- 4 pages of printable worksheets for each passage (all written specifically to help students learn how to use context clues to extract meaning)
- ALL worksheets do have a corresponding answer key as well
Note: These context clues activities are meant to accompany dictionaries at the teacher’s discretion so that students can check the accuracy of their work.
These vocabulary words are used to teach context clues in this product: proceeded, hesitantly, odor, revolting, putrid, intensifying, singe, desperate, rapped, trepidation, defeated, clutched, urgency, retorted, investigate, nonsensical, impact, residual, outcome, unfamiliar, ordinary, instructed, intuitively, sensation, accumulation, intimidated, chortled, ludicrous, feverishly, withdrew, residents, astonished, descend, ejected, unfortunate, eyewitnesses, inflicted, debris, dilapidated, stabilized, assessed, precise, acclaimed, renowned, apprised
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 3/29/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These journal prompts can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
If you teach in a multi-level classroom, have students with a very wide range of needs, or are meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or students acquiring English, the MULTI-LEVEL MEGA BUNDLE for Context Clues might be right for you. You can check it out here:
Searching for context clues activities geared for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 2nd-4th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 3rd-5th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 3rd-5th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 4th-6th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 4th-6th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
This file contains 37 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.