Context Clues Activities for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade BUNDLE with Digital Distance Learning Option:
This Context Clues BUNDLE is a zipped file which contains three individual PDF files – Context Clues Task Cards for 3rd-5th grade, Worksheets for 3rd-5th grade, and Reading Passages for 3rd-5th grade. The individual listings can be found here:
Context Clues Task Cards Description:
These context clues task cards and activities were created for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade. It requires students to use context to make meaning, as well as identify the words or phrases that helped them understand the meaning of an unknown word.
This context clues task cards product includes:
- anchor charts that will help students identify clues in text
- 34 task cards on half sheets
- answer sheet
- answer key
These task cards can be used in stations, small groups, centers, or for early finishers and includes the answer sheets as well as the answer keys.
The following vocabulary words are used in this product:
exhilarated, flourish, conceal, variety, precisely, eerie, deceitful, antiquated, preserved, decrepit, clenched, improbable, glistened, mimicked, obvious, fragile, commenced, remarkable, withstand, exposed, installed, declared, anxious, gloated, pact, pathetic, suspicious, reluctant, participate, surge, lurk, stunned, glared, trudged
Context Clues Worksheets Description:
These Context Clues worksheets offer print and go, common core aligned, context clues activities for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
This product includes:
- 4 instructional pages
- 4 pages of multiple choice questions
- 4 pages of fill in the blank
- 2 pages of stories followed by worksheets that ask students to define underlined words using context clues (and also look them up in the dictionary to check for accuracy).
ALL printables include a corresponding Answer Key as well.
This context clues product includes the following vocabulary words:
discard, encompass, vigilant, hesitant, irrational, portable, rejects, resolve, alternate, contribute, predict, condone, integrate, document, approximately, coordinate, correspond, alternative, rely, interact, considerable, confer, dimensions, discontinue, clarify, fraud, tentative, sincere, persistent, preserve, monotonous, remorseful, fragrant, overwhelmed, discontinue, significant, maximize, exclude, compensate, convene, self-sufficient, obligated, lucrative, collision, appalled, nurture, distraught, authority, conceal, laceration, grotesque, defeated, baffled, consequence, bewildered, gouge, hesitation, anxious, integrating, feat, capable, fumbled, desperate, conquer, morphed, and officially
Context Clues Reading Passages Description:
This no prep Context Clues Reading Passages product offers print and go, common core aligned, easy to use context clues activities for 3rd, 4th, and 5th grade.
This product includes:
- four instructional pages to help students identify context clues
- 3 different (full page) reading passages
- three printable worksheets for each passage
- corresponding answer keys
Note: These activities are meant to accompany dictionaries at the teacher’s discretion, so that students can check the accuracy of their work.
This context clues product includes these vocabulary words:
nuances, subtle, arduous, complicates, acquisition, nonsensical, belongings, laborious, exhilarating, incorporate, ensure, trembled, exhausted, attempted, inhale, prevented, anticipation, precision, lyrics, desperation, valiant, defective, escaped, jolted, beamed, remarkable, issued, accumulations, excessive, behoove, accessible, profound, collapse, structural, traipse, massive, secure, locate, effective, havoc, solely, and discretion.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 4/4/20, these products includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
If you teach in a multi-level classroom, have students with a very wide range of needs, or are meeting the needs of students with varying language abilities or students acquiring English, the MULTI-LEVEL MEGA BUNDLE for Context Clues might be right for you. You can check it out here:
Searching for context clues activities geared for 2nd, 3rd, or 4th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 2nd-4th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 2ND-4TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 3rd-5th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 3rd-5th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 3RD-5TH GRADE
The following context clues products have been created for 4th-6th grade (please note that there is a context clues bundle for 4th-6th grade):
- CONTEXT CLUES READING PASSAGES FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES TASK CARDS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES WORKSHEETS FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
- CONTEXT CLUES BUNDLE FOR 4TH-6TH GRADE
This file contains over 100 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.