“I am” Biography Series by Brad Meltzer BUNDLE:
Brad Melter has created an incredible series of “I am” biography books for young people. This bundled product includes 17 individual literature companions for his series titled Ordinary People Change the World.
Due to the importance of the messages embedded in these stories, I’ve created these activities for 2nd-4th graders (as opposed to early primary grades). These “I am” biography books provide a fabulous segue for discussions about how ordinary people can change the world. With a growth mindset component in each product, your students can also have discussions about how these influential people exhibited a growth mindset. In addition, these books also provide a perfect platform for reviewing grade level language arts skills.
Each literature unit includes multiple opportunities for students to reflect, write, and learn new skills. There are engaging activities related to the historical figure highlighted in each book. Most activities require no preparation, while a few activities do require students to have scissors, glue, or other items. Each literature unit also contains an original biography about the person highlighted in the book. The comprehension questions are perfect for literacy stations, small group activities, or for literature circles.
Please click on the individual products below to see a detailed list of what is included in each unit. Each product does contain a biographical sketch, comprehension questions, skills practice pages, writing prompts, and an additional (and unique) fun activity or craft that coincides with the book.
In this Brad Meltzer literature companion bundle, you will find the following products:
- I AM JACKIE ROBINSON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM HELEN KELLER BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM LUCILLE BALL BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM AMELIA EARHART BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ABRAHAM LINCOLN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ALBERT EINSTEIN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM ROSA PARKS BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM JANE GOODALL BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM GEORGE WASHINGTON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM JIM HENSON BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM SACAGAWEA BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM GANDHI BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM HARRIET TUBMAN BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM SONIA SOTOMAYOR BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM NEIL ARMSTRONG BY BRAD MELTZER
- I AM BILLIE JEAN KING
- I AM WALT DISNEY
- I AM MARIE CURIE
- I AM ANNE FRANK
Many of these books brought tears to my eyes on one page and had me laughing on the next page. If you are debating about purchasing this set of books for your classroom, I can assure that you won’t be disappointed. They quickly found a front row spot in my classroom (and my own children adore them as well)!
This BUNDLED product contains over 400 pages.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.