Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg Activities:
This literature unit for Beautiful Oops now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for the link and instructions.
Are you teaching your students about growth mindset? Beautiful Oops by Barney Saltzberg is a perfect picture book for teachers who want to provide fun instruction on the role of making mistakes in growth mindset and fixed mindset perspectives.
Conceptually, these ideas are perfect for any level, but this literature unit was created with 2nd-6th graders in mind (2nd graders may need extra support with some of the activities).
You will find the following activities in this literature unit for Beautiful Oops:
- Teacher Tips
- Your Oops
- A Glass Half Full
- Growth Mindset: Beautiful Oops
- What’s the Use?
- Creations with Oops
- Brainstorming with Figures
- Sharing My Best Oops Moment
- I Meant to do That!
- Additional Activities
PLEASE NOTE: Since the questions and activities are opinion and experience based, there are NO answer keys.
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 8/3/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 29 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.