Back-to-School Activities BUNDLE with Picture Books:
Check these individual links for specifics on each product:
This bundled file for The Invisible Boy, The Name Jar, and the Bucket Fillers Picture Books now include digital distance learning options in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of each file for the link(s) and instructions.
This book bundle is perfect for the beginning of the school year as you are establishing the classroom climate and behavior expectations for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade.
Back to School BUNDLE:
BUCKET FILLER POSTERS, CARDS, AND ACTIVITIES:
Do you talk with your students about filling buckets and dipping in buckets? Teach your students about bucket filling with these posters, trading cards, and no prep printable activities.
This easy-to-use, no prep, printable product incorporates the concept of filling buckets and makes it an easy to grasp the concept.
This file includes:
- 18 full-color posters (also in black and white)
- the same posters in smaller trading card sizes (also in full color and black and white) bucket filler certificates (also in black and white)
- 6 printable worksheets
The full color posters are PERFECT for a back to school or a behavior expectation bulletin board! They are also useful when you are reading any of the bucket filling books to your students.
THE INVISIBLE BOY:
The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig is a sweet story about a boy who feels invisible. With the help of a new student and his own courage, The Invisible Boy develops friendships and connections with his classmates.
The Invisible Boy Literature Unit is Common Core aligned and includes these easy to use concepts and activities:
- read aloud activity and discussion questions (also printed on task cards to create an option for a writing center or small group work)
- vocabulary (an answer key is included for the vocabulary)
- brainstorming on a web
- various writing exercises/prompts
- letter writing
- an exercise in empathy
- author’s purpose
All activities are tied directly to The Invisible Boy by Trudy Ludwig.
THE NAME JAR:
The Name Jar by Yangsook Choi is a perfect picture book for back to school because it helps establish a positive and inclusive classroom climate from the start. This easy to use literature companion is common core aligned for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th grade.
This file includes the following no prep, printable activities related to these topics:
- two pages of discussion questions (15 questions total) from The Name Jar
- discussion questions on task cards (2 questions per page)
- first, next, then, and last for The Name Jar
- who, what, when, where, why, how
- vocabulary words (taken from text in The Name Jar)
- sequencing (with an answer key)
- compare and contrast
- fact or opinion
- “New Students Should Know….”
- “My Name”
- “My Nicknames”
- “Three Truths and a Fib”
- friendly letters
- graphic organizer
- creating a word find
- name acrostic
- “Decorate Your Name”
This file contains 120 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.