Abbreviations Distance Learning Activities:
This abbreviations activity pack now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™ and Google Forms™ (24 of the 36 task cards appear in Forms). Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product file for instructions and links.
Are you looking for abbreviations worksheets, practice pages, task cards, lists, abbreviation rules, and assessments? You’ve come to the right spot!
This abbreviations activities product includes:
- one page of teacher notes
- 7 reference/instructional pages which include the abbreviations lists by category
- 36 task cards with three distinct question types
- an answer sheet
- an answer key
- black-and-white study sheets for easy printing
- various assessments (three pages in addition to two US maps, where one map is labeled with state abbreviations and the other is blank)
The assessments will assist you in determining student proficiency. Please note that ONLY 24 of the 36 task cards appear in Google Forms™ because the other 12 task cards are open-ended.
The abbreviation categories covered include: names, measurement, time, address and directions, states, grammar, as well as a few miscellaneous nouns.
Please take a look at the preview to determine the level of difficulty for your class. There are OVER 90 abbreviations introduced IN ADDITION TO the states abbreviations (totaling over 140 abbreviations in all). If you have any questions or want clarification, please send me a message!
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 7/13/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These file can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides™.
This file contains 48 pages + Google Slides™ and 24 task cards in Google Forms™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.