KINDNESS CHALLENGE: 12 Days of Kindness Activities
This kindness activity now includes a digital distance learning option in Google Slides™. Please refer to the final 7 pages of the product for the link and instructions.
This 12 Days of Kindness activity is perfect for any time of year but is particularly timely for Thanksgiving in November, any December holiday, or in February for Valentine’s Day. It can be used for any grade level.
- Use these posters on a bulletin board, classroom display, counseling office, or common area in your school.
- Each student should complete four acts of kindness in each of the three categories during the course of 12 days OR you can simply use the letters that say “KINDNESS CHALLENGE” and ask students to complete as many acts of kindness as they possibly can.
- There is a page that students can use to track their progress towards 12 acts of kindness. Each column should have four ripped off papers from the kindness posters when the student has completed their 12 acts of kindness challenge. You may choose NOT to use this tracker if you want students to complete more than 12 acts of kindness.
- Many of these activities will need to be completed outside of school. This is PERFECT for homework in the month of December for the holidays or in February around Valentine’s Day. Class time can be used for discussing the acts of kindness and processing their feelings and experiences as they face and complete each act of kindness.
- Offer additional copies of the 12 Days of Kindness if students choose to go above and beyond the 12 days.
- It is best for students to rip ONE ACT OF KINDNESS AT A TIME (one for each of the 12 days). There are TEN acts of kindness per category (kindness to self, kindness to others, and kindness to earth) for a total of 30 acts of kindness.
- If students ALREADY engage in an activity or suggestion, encourage them to find something different. For example, you may have students who already use reusable water bottles every single day. They would naturally need to choose a different act of kindness in that category. The idea is to challenge themselves to do something new.
- Please note that you can CHOOSE THE TITLE for your bulletin board! Here are the choices included:
- 12 DAYS OF KINDNESS
- KINDNESS CHALLENGE
- 12 DAYS OF KINDNESS CHALLENGE
NOTE: THIS FILE NOW INCLUDES A DIGITAL DISTANCE LEARNING OPTION!
As of 11/3/20, this product includes a digital option (as well as the no-prep printable option). The instructions for utilizing the digital portion appear at the end of the packet.
- A Google Drive account
- If sharing with students, a Drive account that is linked to student Google accounts
- Can be shared/delivered on Google Classroom
- Only need access to Google Drive–no outside links to worry about!
These files can be used with iPads, chrome books, laptops, and desktops as long as your students have access to Google Drive or Classroom on a device. The digital portion of this product is on Google Slides.
This file contains 89 pages + Google Slides™.
- Purchasing this product gives the purchaser ONE LICENSE to this product. This allows the purchaser the right to reproduce this product for HIS/HER class ONLY. Duplication for an entire team, school, or school district is strictly forbidden. If other teachers would like copies of this product, please direct them to my store.
- You may not reproduce, redistribute, or post this item on a blog or website for download (free or paid). Copying any part of this product (even for a classroom website) is also in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- You may not modify, copy, or alter this product in any way.
- Please feel free to spread the word about this product via social media or blog post. A link to the product (or my store) is much appreciated.