Welcome to Kirsten’s Kaboodle!
- I am grateful you’re here! In lieu of a long dissertation, I’ll share these highlights!
- I’ve been working in elementary education for 18 years. My experience includes:
- homeroom teaching for ESL, 1st grade, 3rd grade, and 4th grade
- a school counselor for PK-6
- an ESL pullout teacher for K-6
- a Reading Recovery teacher
- I received my Bachelor’s degree in elementary education and psychology from The University of Iowa and my Master’s of Education in school counseling from Sam Houston State University.
- I currently spend my days creating resources that engage students in their hearts and their minds. I also volunteer regularly in my children’s school. These are my cuties:
- I don’t make my bed regularly and I floss my teeth in the car.
- I’m sensitive. Forget about reading the final chapters in Where the Red Fern Grows out loud (#sobbing). I’m the one in the corner of the room gasping for air.
- Speaking of sensitive, we have a slightly neurotic, yet undeniably adorable Goldendoodle named Bonzai. The unconditional love we get from this guy makes my heart ache a little bit.
- I wrote and published a children’s book… for real. You get a copy of my ebook, Sprinkle Your Sparkles, in my shop for FREE!
- I think ironing is waste of time. The dryer, on the other hand, is a life saver.
- I was a synchronized swimmer in high school. Yep, water ballet!
- I’m so happy you found me! In addition to creating content that nurtures kids in heart and mind, my hope is that I can make your life, as a teacher, easier and more enjoyable.
Do you love the layout and design of my website as much as I do? These talented women are responsible: